Last Updated on September 28, 2023 by Stewart
Fish and Chips is one of the world’s most famous and loved meals. And with good reason, it’s delicious, and even for those short on time, it can be done really quickly thanks to an air fryer.
Cod or Haddock (size of your choice)
2 large potatoes
Two Large Eggs
- The first step is to prepare the potatoes to the potatoes to turn them into chips. Peel them, and cut them up into the size of your choice. After this, add them to a bowl of ice cold water, wrap it in clingfilm and store in the fridge for at least an hour. Doing this will remove as much starch from the potatoes as possible.
- In a new bowl, crack the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites. The whites can be discarded and the yolks are used to bind the fish to the flour.
- In a third bowl, add a small amount of flour, and in the fourth bowl, breadcrumbs. Take the fish and dip this into the egg yolks. This is then immediately followed by dipping it into the flour, and then the breadcrumbs.
This will create a nice, crunchy coating for the fish, and will cook really well in the air fryer. Rest the fish in the air fryer until needed.
- Take the potatoes in the bowl of ice cold water and empty the water. Then, rinse the chips out to remove any remaining starch. After this, drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the chips. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Mix the contents of the bowl thoroughly in the bowl and put the bowl to the side.
- The chips will generally cook quicker than the fish. Turn on the air fryer and sent the temperature to 200°C. Set the timer to 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add the chips into the air fryer and allow to cook for another 5-10 minutes. This will be enough time to cook the fish and the chips to perfection.